Friday 11 March 2016

Fight Club by Chuck Palanuik

Fight Club by Chuck Palanuik

"Only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."


Hey. Sorry I've had quite a dramatic and eventful week with my house centre-meters away from flooding and loads of coursework due in. That means I haven't been able to read as much as I have wanted to. So I thought I'd write a book review on a book I actually enjoyed doing at school for coursework: Fight Club.

"Welcome to Fight Club. 
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. 
The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club! 
Third rule of Fight Club: if someone yells “stop!”, goes limp, or taps out, the fight is over. 
Fourth rule: only two guys to a fight. 
Fifth rule: one fight at a time, fellas. 
Sixth rule: the fights are bare knuckle. No shirt, no shoes, no weapons. 
Seventh rule: fights will go on as long as they have to. 
And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."

Don't watch the film of this before you read the book to understand because it is nothing like the book. It's a great film but in its own right. 

I studied this book and had to compare it to The Great Gatsby- how? Exactly. I compared the animals in each which I really enjoyed. Surprisingly doing my coursework on it hasn't ruined reading it for fun. Probably because it's such a weird book. Yes it doesn't make much sense but that's kind of what makes it such a great book. 

The book is utter madness about a nameless guy and Tyler Durden who lead a group of men known as 'space monkeys' to do terrorist like acts. Yes the book tells you how to make bombs- do they work? I have no idea.

I definitely recommend this book if you want something weird and wacky because that's what it is. Read and accept without trying to make sense of it- does that make sense? And enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment