Friday 18 March 2016

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn


Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn




“Love makes you want to be a better man- right. Right. But love, real love, also gives you permission to just be the man you are.”

You have to read this book before you see the film- it wouldn’t really work the other way round. However, if you haven’t read it yet- you must! The film did the book justice but the length of book is much better to build up suspense. You can’t really fit everything; the suspense, details or elements, in a 400 page book into a film. Actually seeing the film was an event. I read the book before I found out they were making it into a film but when I found out they were, I persuaded my mum and my aunt to go with me. We got ready, went to the cinema and mum asked for two adults and a child- OMG- the film was an 18. I’d read it and it’s not that bad. Anyway, it took me a while to actually get hold of the film but it’s not that bad.

“My mother had always told her kids: if you’re about to do something, and you want to know if it’s a bad idea, imagine seeing it printed in the paper for all the world to see.”

The book is full of affairs, murder and weird stuff.  Amy Dunne is married to Nick who is framed for her murder. There’s a crime scene which has been badly covered up. Forensics assume there was a murder but no body can be found. Where is it? Police officers find Amy’s diary which along with neighbours’ accounts of Nick show him to have a psychopath personality. However, Nick pleads that he never murdered her and that he had nothing to do with it. However, no one believes him. Nick starts to question whether he did actually murder his wife. Did he?

Every year, Amy leaves clues for her husband on their fifth wedding anniversary but this year she is murdered. Is it a clue, a freak accident or a tragedy? However, Nick starts finding the clues left behind but the question is, who are they from?
 
The book reminisces over their past; how they met, their difficulties, their affairs and you start to question whether their marriage was real or a cover up and could it have led to Amy’s murder?
Books like these are really hard to write book reviews about without giving away the point of the story. What actually happened to Amy Dunne? Well you’ll have to read it to find out won’t you?

I hope you’ve enjoyed this book review and I’ll write soon with my next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment